Drupal 6 to Drupal 7 Migration Steps
Posted On : July 12, 2013
| No Comment
If you want to Migrate you drupal site in higher version follow the steps that helps you in easy migration.
Step 1: Backup your site’s database.
Step 2: Backup all your folders and files.
Step 3: Double check to make sure you can complete the upgrade.
Step 4: Check for the latest version of Drupal 6.x.
-Go to Administer (or Administration) >> Reports >> Status report.
Step 5: Take the site off-line.
-Go to Administer >> Site configuration >> Site maintenance.
Step 6: Change the theme to Garland.
- Go to Administer >> Site building >>Themes
Step 7: Disable all non-core modules.
- Go to Administer >> Site building >> Modules.
Step 8: Clear all optional module check boxes.
Step 9: Remove unwanted modules.
Step 10: Remove sites/default/default.settings.php
Step 11: Delete all your other folders and files except /sites/
Step 12: Remove unwanted module folders.
Step 13: Download and extract Drupal 7
Step 14: Reapply any changes to your .htaccess file or robots.txt files
Step 15: Make your settings file writable
Step 16: Run update.php
- Open settings.php with a text editor.
- Find the line that says:
$update_free_access = FALSE;
- Change it into:
$update_free_access = TRUE;
- Once the upgrade is done, $update_free_access must be reverted to FALSE.
Step 17: Backup your new database
Step 18: Upgrade your modules to their newer versions.
Step 19: Upload your Drupal 7 compatible theme
Step 20: Go to Reports and run a Status report
Step 21: Set update_free_access is set to false
- Ensure that $update_free_access is FALSE in settings.php.
- Go to Administration >> Configuration >> Development >> Maintenance mode.
- Disable the “Put site into maintenance mode” check box and save.