How to improve your zencart site speed?
Posted On : September 17, 2013
| No Comment
If you have a very large zencart store with large number of products and categories ,following are some suggestions to improve you zencart site speed.
1. Login to your zencart store admin panel. Go to Admin->Config->My Store->Show Category Counts option and set Show Category Counts = false.
2.you can also turn off categories count for the admin section. Click on Admin->Config->My Store->Show Category Counts option and set Show Category Counts = false.
3. Disable the Left and Right column sideboxes if you think you don’t need it.
Just go to Admin->Tools->Layout Boxes Controller and find the sidebox you don’t want and disable it.
4 Never add large number of products in a single category. Use subcategories instead and divide products in to subcategories . This will improve zencart site performance as well its also help the customers to find the products easily.
5. optimized database tables is always make difference in site speed. So optimize all tables of your zencart store database.
6. Also use optimized images for you zencart store.you can use any image optimization tool. It will really help to speed up your website.
7. Go to your administrator area and go to Admin->Config->GZip Compression->Enable GZip Compression option and set it to 1.
For more information about the GZip compression in zencart check the following link .
8. Make sure that your css file does not have image files that does not exist on your zen cart store server.
9. You can do some settings from the Admin->Configuration->Attribute Settings section to improve your zencart site speed.
- Turn off Enable Downloads option if you are not do downloads on your store.
- Turn off Enable Price Factor option if you are displaying prices by attributes.
- Turn off Enable Qty Price Discount option if you are not use prices as per quantity discounts.
- Turn off Enable Attribute Images option if you are not use attribute images.
The above setting will stop execution of the related number of queries and will help to improve your zencart store speed.